Click a section below to find out more about Cindy Burkett’s extensive educational, business and political qualifications.
- University of North Texas (Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution – Oct. 2005, 4.0 GPA)
- University of Texas at Arlington (Graduated Summa Cum Laude, 4.0 GPA)
- Eastfield Community College (Associate in Business, 3.92 GPA)
- Washington, D.C. Internship with the National Association of State Mental Health Program Directors (NASMHPD) – May 2003–August 2003
- Dallas County GOP Chairman Award (2008)
- Staff Champion Award from the Texas Association of Community Health Centers, Inc. (2005)
- Mesquite Board of Adjustments, Vice Chair (2007-2009)
- Keep Mesquite Beautiful Board, Member (appointment period 2005-2006)
- TFRW Tribute to Women Honoree 2008
- Practicum at the Dispute Resolution Services of North Texas
Senator Bob Deuell
Legislative aide to the Senator for Finance Committee during 79th Regular Session (January 2005-May 2005).
- Attended all budget meetings and workgroup meetings for Article II. Prepared related budget summaries for the Senator.
- Tracked legislation related to the following Committees: Jurisprudence, Veteran Affairs and Governmental Organization.
- Drafted bills and guided them through the legislative process.
- Met with lobbyists and constituents on a regular basis.
- State Republican Executive Committee Woman for Senate District 2 (2006-current)
- SE Zone Leader for Dallas County Judicial Victory 2006
- Secretary at the 2006 Dallas County Republican Senatorial District 2 Convention
- Sunnyvale Republican Women’s Club – Campaign Officer 2009
- Mesquite Area Republican Club – Founder and President 2007 – current
- Mesquite Republican Women’s Club Fashion Show Fundraiser Chair – 2006, 2007
- Texas Federation of Republican Women – Member
- Bush Rally 2004 (SMU Dallas) – Usher Chairman
- Volunteer at the Dallas County GOP Headquarters
- Precinct Chair for Precinct 2315 (2005 – current)
- Precinct Secretary for Precinct 2315 (2004)
- State Delegate for Republican Convention 2004, 2006, 2008
- State Delegate for Texas Federal Republican Women Convention 2005, 2007
- Election Judge 2006, 2008
- Election Clerk 2004, 2005